Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So Easy Pot Roast!




I love love love LOVE my crockpot! Who knew dinner could be so easy? This thing is awesome. I made pot roast. ME!
I was searching through the cookbook trying to find the perfect meal to start off my crock pot adventures and this one just spoke to me. Pot roast is a far cry from the take out food I'm use to eating so my boyfriend was thrilled at the idea of having homemade pot roast for dinner.This just looked so simple and easy, I couldn't resist giving it a try.

Here is the recipe adapted from Fix it and Forget it:

3-4 lb roast

4 medium potatoes, cubed

4 medium carrots, sliced

2 celery ribs, sliced

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

3 cups of water



all you have to do is put everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.



how awesome is that??!!


you could leave the meat in tact if you want. I chose to take a fork and shred it .



so delish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment